TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
I acknowledge that I am accepted as a participant in the Event on the basis that I have read and accepted all of the below terms and conditions:
- Acknowledgement of Risk and Medical Concerns:
- I hereby acknowledge and assume all of the risks of participating in this K2M event (“the Event”). Whilst every endeavour will be made to ensure my safety, I acknowledge that participating in the Event involves a real risk of serious injury or even death from various causes including exertion, equipment failure, dehydration, collisions or incidents involving other competitors, spectators, other road users and/or vehicles, aspects of the course or bad weather conditions and other causes. I understand that the Event will be held over public trails, roads and facilities open to the public during the Event and upon which, hazards are to be expected. I also acknowledge some aspects of the event will be conducted on private land. I agree to follow all directions of the landowner in addition to the Event Organiser.
- I understand I should not enter or participate in the Event unless I have trained appropriately and had any health concerns checked by a medical practitioner.
- I understand I must be a competent runner, walker, kayaker or rider on the course depending on the category of the Event. I acknowledge the Event Organiser may exclude me before or during the Event if the Event Organiser has reason to believe I am not a competent runner, walker, kayaker or rider.
- By participating in the Event I accept all risks necessarily flowing from my participation, which could result in loss of life or permanent injury. Accordingly I release all persons or corporations associated directly or indirectly with the conduct of the Event, including sponsors, and landowners from all claims, demands and proceedings arising out of my participation, and I hereby indemnify them against all liability (including liability for their own negligence and negligence of others) for all injury, loss or damage arising out of or connected with my participation in this event. This release shall include John McIntyre Promotions Limited (“Event Organiser”), all sponsors and their respective managers, officers, agents, contractors, employees and volunteers including medical and paramedical people appointed for the Event, the owners, licensees and occupiers of land upon which this event or any part of the Event is conducted, any statutory body or local authority having control over any land upon which is involved directly or indirectly with the Event in any manner whatsoever and the Event organisers. This release and indemnity continues forever and binds my executors, personal representatives and assigns.
- I consent to receiving any medical treatment the Event Organiser deems necessary at the Event Organiser’s discretion before, during or after the Event.
- I agree to be responsible and assume liability for any and all costs incurred as a result of training for and/or participation in the Event, including but not limited to ambulance transport services, hospital stays, medical care and treatment, and physician and pharmaceutical goods and services.
- I acknowledge that safety precautions undertaken by the Event Organiser are a service to me and other participants but are not a guarantee of my safety.
- I acknowledge that I will inform the Event Organiser on my registration form or prior to the Event in writing of any illness from which I might suffer that might affect my performance or be relevant if medical treatment is needed. The Event Organiser may, in the Event Organiser’s discretion, exclude me from the Event if the Event Organiser deems this appropriate for my safety or the safety of other participants.
- Consent to Use of Personal Information including Use of Image:
- I understand that my participation in the Event might result in damage to personal property owned or controlled by me (“Personal Property”), including without limitation any time my Personal Property is in the possession of the Event Organiser or its agents. I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to arrange personal insurance to cover any potential damage to my Personal Property while participating in the Event. Accordingly, I will not make any claim (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) against the Event Organiser or its agents regardless of how damage to my Personal Property occurs and I hereby indemnify them against all claims, damages or losses (including costs), which they incur as the direct or indirect result of any damage to my Personal Property. I agree that this disclaimer will be binding on my executors, personal representatives and assigns.
- I agree to my name and contact details being included on the Event’s database, which may be used for commercial purposes by the Event Organiser or any of its sponsors. This may include informing me or contacting me about events, products, brands, special offers, publications and other promotions in which the Event Organiser or any of its sponsors think I might be interested in (including via email or other electronic communication). The Event Organiser will keep my personal information secure and hold it in a database in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
- I consent to the Event Organiser and its sponsors using my image, name and likeness before, after or during the Event for event promotion, broadcasting or reporting in any media in relation to the K2M or for the sponsor’s own commercial or other purposes for the duration of their sponsorship.
- I consent to the Event Organiser having unlimited rights to my image, likeness or names for promotional purposes.
- I understand that if I do not want my details to be passed on to the Official Race photographer, who will notify me when my photographs are available online (via the email address supplied), I am to contact the Event Organiser prior to the Event by email [email protected]
- Entries are Non-Refundable
- I acknowledge that I may transfer my registration to another person up to midnight Friday April 29 2022 by using the Event Plus website and following the instructions. I agree to ensure the participant to whom I transfer my registration reads and understands these Terms and Conditions.
- I acknowledge that my entry fee is non-refundable under any circumstances, including but not limited to withdrawal either before or during the Event due personal injury of any degree or exclusion by the Event Organiser or cancellation or modification of the Event.
- I acknowledge that if the Event is postponed due to circumstances beyond the control of the Event Organiser such as extreme weather, fire, flood, earthquake, pandemic or any other circumstance following which the Event Organiser deems it unsafe to hold the Event, my entry fee will be transferred to the next available event held under the direction of the Event Organiser. However the Event Organiser may, in its sole discretion, elect to refund my entry-fee less its reasonable administration costs should the Event Organiser elect not to hold another event.
- Rules and Regulations
- I understand that it is my responsibly to have my bike and helmet checked for safety before starting the Event.
- I understand that all trails, roads and ocean are open to other road users and that I must obey all road rules and the directions of the Event Organiser including marshals, traffic management direction and directions from the Police. This includes but is not limited to keeping as far left as practical at all times and never crossing the centre line on the road.
- I understand the Event will have wave starts and that I need to select a start group that is appropriate for my ability. I acknowledge that if I over estimate my ability I compromise the safety of myself and other participants.
- I agree I must be able to hear and respond to what is happening around me and to hear all or any directions being given.
- I acknowledge and agree that if I breach any of these Terms and Conditions of Entry or fail to adhere to any direction of the Event Organiser, including the Event Organiser’s agents, officials, employees and contractors, whether before or during the Event, the Event Organiser may immediately exclude me from the Event. I agree that if excluded I will immediately remove myself from the Event including ceasing to run, walk, kayak or ride until the Event has concluded.
- I understand that I must report to event organisers as soon as possible if I decide to pull out of the Event.
- I acknowledge that by reason of circumstance beyond the control of the Event Organiser it may become necessary to change the format, delay or cancel the Event, and if that occurs, I consent to the changes and I agree that each and every one of the conditions set out herein shall apply to the changed event
- Eligibility and Age Categories:
- Age categories are based on age on the day of the Event.
- The minimum age for entry:
- 18 years old – Marathon Run (Solo)
- 16 years old – Marathon Relay
- 14 years old – Half Marathon Run (Solo)
- 10 years old – 10 KM Run
Walking (NO running permitted)
- 16 years old – Half Marathon Walk
- 10 years old – 10 KM Walk
- 12 years old – 32 KM Cycle
- (i) 12 years old – 52 KM Cycle
Multisport Teams Challenge
(j) 18 years old – 2 persons Team
(k) 18 years old
- As specified in clause 1.3 all riders must be competent in riding his/her bike in the chosen category of the Event.
- All competitors under 18 years of age require the consent of a parent or guardian.
5.4 All Multisport Teams Kayak participants must have read and viewed the operations instructions prior to the event start.
- I acknowledge that I must be present at the Event prize giving to receive prizes.
- I acknowledge that I am personally responsible for my possessions at the Event.